Laureate™ AC Power Factor Meter & AC Phase Angle Meter
- Programmable to read phase angle or power factor with two waveshapes of identical period
- Phase angle resolution of 1°, 0.1° or 0.01° and accuracy of 0.05°
at AC line frequency
- Power factor from 1.000 to 0.000 with sinusoidal signals
- Accepts AC signals from 1 Hz to 10 kHz at voltages up to 250 Vrms
- Universal 85-264 Vac / 90-300 Vdc or 10-48 Vdc / 12-32 Vac powerr
- Transduder excitation output (isolated)
- Wide choice of options:
- 2 or 4 relays, mechanical or solid state (isolated)
- 1 or 2 analog outputs (isolated)
- Serial data I/O: Ethernet, USB, RS485, RS232 (isolated)
AC Phase Angle Measurement
Phase angle in degrees indicates the phase lead or lag between two periodic signals of the same period, as determined from their zero crossings. These two signals will typically be the voltage and current applied to a load. As illustrated, the phase angle θ in degrees is +360*P1/P.
- The Laureate™ Phase Angle & Power Factor Meter computes phase angle θ by timing zero crossings of two signals applied to Channels A and B. The phase angle range is selectable as 0° to 360° or -180° to +180°. Resolution is selectable as 1°, 0.1° or 0.01°. Typical accuracy is 0.01% from 1 Hz to 100 Hz, 0.1% at 1 kHz, and 1% at 10 kHz.
AC Power Factor Measurement
- The power factor of an AC power system is the ratio of real power in watts (W) divided by apparent power in volt-amperes (VA). For sinusoidal signals differing by a phase angle power factor will be cos(θ).
- The Laureate™ Phase Angle & Power Factor Meter computes power factor as cos(θ) from phase angle θ. Power factor readings can range from 1.000 to 0.000 with three decimal places and an accuracy of 0.1% for sinusoidal signals at 50/60 Hz power line frequency. While power factor is always positive, the meter artificially assigns a minus sign to power factor for negative phase angles, and it sets power factor to 0 for phase angles greater than 90°.
Designed for flexibility
The Laureate Phase Angle & Power Factor Meter utilizes the Laureate Extended counter main board and the FR dual-channel signal conditioner board, which accepts AC signals from 12 mV p-p to 250 Vrms. Optional plug-in boards for communications and control include Ethernet and other serial communication boards, dual or quad relay boards, and single or dual isolated analog output boards. Laureates may be powered from 85-264 Vac or optionally from 12-32 Vac or 10-48 Vdc. The display is available with red or green LEDs. The 1/8 DIN case meets NEMA 4X (IP65) specifications from the front when panel mounted. Any setup functions and front panel keys can be locked out for simplified usage and security. All power and signal connections are via UL / VDE / CSA rated screw clamp plugs.